Meet our trainers
Coach Boaz has a Bachelors Degree in Education, and two Masters Degrees in Education and Exercise Physiology. His career accomplishments include:
* Two-time NCAA Champion in cross country and 10,000m on the track in 2001 and 2002
* NCAA Cross Country Athlete of the Year 2001
* Seven-time NCAA All-American
* 10-time Mid-American Conference Champion
* Four-time MAC Most Valuable Performance in cross country, indoor, and outdoor track
* Over 10 years running professionally for Nike and his native country of Kenya
* Featured in a Nike commercial for the 2008 Olympics with famous Nike sponsored athletes including: LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, and Roger Federer
* Selected to represent Kenya in the 3,000m at the Indoor Track Championship in Budapest
Coach Boaz is looking forward to training all of our current clients as well as welcoming new and returning clients as well!!
Blake Brewster BS, USAW
Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach
Specializations- Olympic Weightlifting
Blake is certified through USAW as a level 1 sports and performance coach. Blake graduated from Wayne State with a bachelors in exercise science. He completed an internship with the strength and conditioning staff at Wayne State under Coach Ruben Mendoza. He was also an intern at Eastern Michigan University with the sports performance staff under Coach Ron McKeefery. Blake specializes in coaching weightlifting, and he has coached many different sports at the Division 1 and 2 level. Over the last four years Blake has worked for Athletika Sports and Fitness sharing his passion for building relationships and gaining the trust of athletes/clients to help them reach their goals.